eCommerce UX (User Experience) is an important aspect of Online Store because if the store is not user friendly, it can adversely affect the visits and conversions for an Online Store.
- 1.Product Descriptions & Images:
Please ensure your content for product is well optimised with technical specifications, links to brochures, good images (multiple images showing different areas of product), Videos (Key features and quick tutorials).
- 2.Good UX:
Don?t let your customer think what this page is all about.
UI of home page, landing pages, product pages & other index pages should be well laid out with consistent Headings, Sub-headings and Breadcrumbs links for quick navigations and whereby customers doesn?t need to spend his time wondering what is this page about, it will only take 3 seconds for testing visitor?s patience before they move to your competitors website.
- 3.Cross Sells:
Link associated products to cross-sell & up-sell other products like accessories, promos, amazon?s collaborative filtering – people who bought A also bought B)
- 4.Customer Registration:
It?s a very good option for etailers to collect customer information but forcing the customer to register prior adding the product to cart or wish list can cause high cart abandonments.? Therefore have the registration process during the checkout process and if feasible try to avoid duplicate entries by the visitor during registration process.? This will quicken the checkout & registration process and result in higher conversions.
- 5.Display Trust Certificates:
It is imperative to show your visitors that they are shopping on a secure website, protecting their privacy, billing and personal information.? No doubt you will need to keep the SSL certificate valid to have the ?pad lock? icon appear at the footer of the browsers.? Some eCommerce sites use trusted certificates like Hackers Safe, Veri Sign and BBB giving additional peace of mind to the shoppers.
- 6.Various different testing combinations of best practices:
A/B Testing and MVT is another important factor of eCommerce whereby you can test various different versions/combinations of your page and analysing which one works best for you and adopting it.
- 7.Stock information and Order processing integration:
To sell a product online and later informing your customer? that you don?t have anymore stock will cause embarrassment and unnecessary support calls which could have been avoided in the first place by displaying up-to-date stock information on the PD (Product Detail) page.
Integrating Online ordering with logistics and Order processing system will help processing orders quicker and cut considerable costs.
- 8.Call to Action, Shopping Cart?and other important information should be on the first fold i.e. your visitors shoudn?t need to scroll down to view it.
- 9.Search Bar and Advanced Search:? Search bar should be prominent on all the pages of your site and situated on top.? Your visitors should be able to narrow down their searches like color, size, brand, etc.? There are now good Intelligent search features implemented on few sites.
- 10.?Use of ?Add to Cart? buttons with different colours, larger font? and other wordings can lead your visitors to buyers from shoppers.? It should be located on the first fold to have better conversions.
Last but not the least you shouldn?t forget your Checkout page.? The Checkout page shouldn?t be cluttered and should only consist of key information – Cart Contents, Delivery options, Update Cart, Cross-Sells/Up-sells.